[lbo-talk] Lincoln Gordon, he dead

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jan 16 12:23:18 PST 2010

On Jan 16, 2010, at 2:48 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> Ah. I didn't know that. I remember a student saying her father had
> said
> that only communists used the word "mases." I wonder how many such
> verbal identifiers there are in the anti-communist kit.

There's a whole passage in Masters of Deceit about the tell-tale phrases. So insidious is the communist threat is that the phrase "male chauvinist pig" is now in almost universal use. My aunt-in-law, Jane "Jenny" Mansbridge, commissioned a poll for a book she was writing that revealed that something like 80% of adult U.S. women have called a man that some time in their lives.

Doug