[lbo-talk] ciao, 60?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jan 18 07:30:40 PST 2010

[from Mike Allen]

Charlie Cook, in a rare Sunday bulletin to subscribers: 'This past Thursday, Jan. 14, The Cook Political Report moved the open Massachusetts Senate seat rating from lean Democrat to toss-up, having moved it from solid Democrat to lean Democratic on Jan. 7. We continue to see this race as very much of a toss-up, with Republican state Sen. Scott Brown holding onto a very narrow, single-digit lead over Democratic state Attorney General Martha Coakley. Given the vagaries of voter turnout, particularly in lower participation level special elections, this race could still go either way, but we put a finger on the scale for Brown. Last-minute Democratic attacks on Brown have driven his negatives up some and slightly diminished the incredible intensity of support that Brown enjoyed, but it looks more likely than not to hold.'

PUNDIT PREP: Washington is so convinced that Democrat Martha Coakley is toast that it will now be an upset if she wins.