[lbo-talk] ciao, 60

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Jan 19 19:07:29 PST 2010

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 21:48:00 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Let the weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth begin. The Dems, who
> couldn't do a damn thing right with a majority of 19, now have to
> contend with a majority of 18.

They didn't "contend" with 19, and they won't "contend" with 18. And of course "wouldn't" is more accurate than "couldn't".

The True Believers will certainly be dismayed. I expect to see a lot of puffy tear-streaked faces on the streets of my New York nabe tomorrow. Oh dear, and we worked so *hard*! And gave so much lovely money! And we had so much... hope!

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com