[lbo-talk] ciao, 60

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:00:12 PST 2010

[WS:] I see it differently. Yes, he caved in, but he was a junior senator elected president with little political experience facing entrenched and seasoned political machine. What was he supposed to do, stomp his feet and scream?

As I see it, the US political system is completely FUBAR - nothing short of total collapse can change it. The best anyone left-of-the-centre can expect of an elected politician is palatble political rhetoric, soothing words, and civilised discourse. Obama delivered that. Anything more is beyond the capacity of this political system.

Listening to articulate and intelligent speeches of a thoughtful and a compassionate person instead of spiteful redneck drivel of a right wing bigot is th eonly change that is possible here, and belive me, it does make a difference as far as my mood is concerned.

Wojtek