[lbo-talk] ciao, 60

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 20 18:58:38 PST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 9:44 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:

> I would agree with that description of the Democratic Party, but
> what I
> am after is to account for the teDPnacity with which for a century or
> more liberals and even radicals have held on to the faith that the
> DP's
> "progressive noises" reflect in some way the reality of the party.

They want to believe. Giving up that belief would require admitting too much about the nature of reality and the forces stacked against them/us.

Then there are the unions, who get pissed on year after year and still write big checks to the DP. They cherish their role as very junior auxiliary members of the ruling class, even if none of the core members of the r.c. cares what they think.

Doug