[lbo-talk] ciao, 60

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Jan 21 11:35:34 PST 2010

The Rep position on Medicare/Medicaid is try to get it to erode, though they pretended to support the contrary this past year, which will make things interesting for them later when they try to cut it.

As for capital-friendly, why is it capital-friendly for uninsured people to buy health insurance instead of other stuff? I'd say a new, big Gov structure creates demands for subsidies in the future which threaten greater taxes on capital. It also opens the door to addition of a public option and the capital-unfriendly Jacob Hacker scenario. You could say it's capital friendly to provide an exit from employer-paid plans, but that would also be the case for a public option or single payer.