[lbo-talk] Greg Palast freaks out: Court ruling lets China buy elections

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Thu Jan 21 18:20:09 PST 2010

On Thu, January 21, 2010 3:15 pm, Fernando Cassia forwarded from Greg Palast:

> I'm losing sleep over the millions - or billions - of dollars that could
> flood into our elections from ARAMCO, the Saudi Oil corporation's U.S.
> unit; or from the maker of "New Order" fashions, the Chinese People's
> Liberation Army.

A perfect example of why the Left needs to rediscover its funnybone. Instead of fussing and fuming, we should be savoring the delicious irony that Wall Street neolibs and their dimwit provincial cousins, the neocons, spent decades waving the flag and preaching the virtues of ultra-patriotism -- all while selling this place piecemeal to government-controlled sovereign wealth funds. The Empire has turned itself into a debt neocolony, all by itself.

-- DRR