[lbo-talk] How to make the Senate a majority rule institutioninone day

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 22 10:03:20 PST 2010

At 09:38 AM 1/22/2010, Carrol Cox wrote:

>I think the foundation of their convictions is to be found in Jimmy
>Carter's statement that "The world
>is unfair." That is, the premise here is that much, perhaps most, human
>suffering isgrounded in the nature of things, not in the historical
>accident of capitalism.

Ok. So why has it come to the point of doing absolutely nothing to make it more fair?

No one would expect a critique of capitalism from them but at least a dogfight over *something*. Like Doug said, they walk in the door compromising and Repubs don't. That wasn't always the case.

>Know your enemy, damn it. And indulgence in the pleasure of calling them
>names can really frustrate knowledge.

Who's calling names? Asking why the dems are such pussies right now is not calling names.

It's asking why they're such pussies right now.