[lbo-talk] The Hypocrisy of Corporate Personhood

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Jan 22 19:38:59 PST 2010

On Jan 22, 2010, at 6:39 PM, michael perelman wrote:

> In light of the Supreme Court's outrageous decision about campaign
> finance, I would suggest a move to treat corporations as persons --
> making them liable to imprisonment and even the death penalty, when
> they cause loss of life.

Why not ... ?

My proposal is to use this -

wikipedia says ...

"Psychopaths typically lack any sense of guilt or remorse for harm they may have caused to others. Instead, they rationalize their behavior, blame someone else, or deny it outright. This is seen by psychologists as part of a lack of moral reasoning (in comparison with the majority of humans), an inability to evaluate situations in a moral framework, and an inability to develop emotional bonds with other people."

Since corporations are incapable of feeling guilt, as psychopaths they should be eligible for conservatorship.

martin