[lbo-talk] new radio product

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Jan 23 14:56:10 PST 2010

Doug:

"The country seems to be rotting from within but the political and ideological systems are incapable of recognizing that fact, much less trying to deal with it. I wish I could detach myself from the consequences and find it all amusing, in the style of H.L. Mencken. But I can’t. And now I’ve got a kid who was born into this nuthouse, so I take it all far more personally. I hope we can get our act together and make this a less brutal place. But it’s hard to get hopeful. I guess this is what it’s like to live in the midst of imperial decline."

Amen. Like Dwayne's thoughts about being miserable, Doug hits the crooked nail. I try to find our decline amusing, more from a satirical angle than anything else, but man is it hard. There are times when you simply must weep, and this is surely one of them.

Dennis