[lbo-talk] How to make the Senate a majority rule institutioninone day

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Jan 24 07:13:51 PST 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Carrol Cox wrote:

> For a mass movement of the sort that would create the necessary public
> pressure, it is eseential (as Eric Beck recently pointed out) to cast
> your campaign in terms of a NO!

Really? Only No, and never Yes?

If that's true we're fucked and the anti-government Republicans have a structural advantage.

I can see that stricture when it comes to imperialism where cessation really is 99% of what you want, but not for anything else. Then you've always gotta have how if you want to bring pressure to bear on the government to do something.

I'm all for the simple 2 sentence part though. That's a large part of why I'm for single payer: you can explain in two sentences how and why it will work.

But to say NO TO BAD HEALTH CARE without proffering any way to improve it -- that sounds daft, to be honest. Am I misunderstanding you?

Michael