[lbo-talk] How to make the Senate a majority rule institutioninoneday

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Jan 24 20:27:53 PST 2010

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Carrol Cox wrote:

> ideas really do flow from action, and we haven't tried to act yet.

Carrol, I think this is the first time since Doug started this list 10 years that I've finally understood what you've been getting all these years. It seems like a new version of the Philosophy of the Act -- except it seems original with you and subtler than the old versions. It's certainly not syndicalist or anarchist (and obviously not fascist). And it seems to go beyond "activistism" as well.

I'm not sure I buy it, but it's so new I can't know. I'll have to think about it for a while. It'll take a while to suss out the implications. But at least I think I finally understand your first principles.

Michael