[lbo-talk] termitude

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Wed Jan 27 09:17:11 PST 2010

There I agree. But it's also hard to make overall spending fall. The dominant force so far is inertia.

By the way, nobody mentioned that one datum that goes against my argument is that the non-defense stuff includes homeland security. Not all of DHS is new, it was partly a roll-up of a bunch of other agencies, only part of it was new money. Not big in the grand scheme of things -- probably less than half a percent of GDP -- but not tiny either.