[lbo-talk] termitude

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:13:48 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Marv Gandall <marvgandall at videotron.ca> wrote:

> would see him encouraging rather than disparaging the efforts of liberal critics of the >party like Keith Olbermann, Frank Rich, Arriana Huffington, Markos Moulitsas, Katrina >vanden Heuvel, etc., whose political limitations would be familiar to him.

Really? So "we" necessarily must cuddle up to this group of reactionaries, populists, and nationalists because then we can Get Something Done? In other words, speaking for myself, I'm supposed to pretend that these people don't have odious politics, that they, in various ways, embody almost everything I hate about current society and politics, because that would represent Progress? Huffington is the worst of these, but pretty exemplary: Have her politics changed at all since she became a liberal? Of course not; she's just changed her vocabulary and her targets. Assuming they are interested in alliances with the far left, it would only be on their own terms. Reciprocation from them would be as forthcoming as it has been from Obama.