[lbo-talk] termitude

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 27 11:10:07 PST 2010

Dennis Claxton writes:

At 09:59 AM 1/27/2010, Marv Gandall wrote:

>In the contemporary context, this would place him closer to groups
>like the Committees of Correspondence and Progressive Democrats of
>America and to fellow radicals like Michael Moore, Howard Zinn, Noam
>Chomsky, and others who have held their noses and supported
>Democratic candidates at one time or another,

Not if by contemporary you mean right now. Michael Moore speaking yesterday about the Dems:

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/26/michael_moore_on_haiti_the_supreme ============================ Thanks . Further evidence of the depth of discontent with the DP. Whether this translates into political organizing inside or outside the party is another matter. In any case, I don't recall this much dissatisfaction within the Democratic Party since the Vietnam War, dissent which most directly expressed itself in the movement around Eugene McCarthy. We'll see how far this revolt goes.