[lbo-talk] Darwinian evolution only part of story?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 27 16:17:40 PST 2010

I had trouble following the first few posts on this, the core of it was (or seemed to be) wrapped in too much rhetoric for my eyes to follow. But what Max quotes below is just normal science, nothign shockingly new. Darwinism consists of variation and selection. What is described here is meely an extra source of variation. It's imprtant for scientists, and the viral part of the human genome maybe an interesting rhetorical ploy in debates among non-scientists. But otherwise, what's all the excitement about.

The subject line is completely misleading.

Carrol