[lbo-talk] Bearzilla and Asiazilla Show How It's Done

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:07:09 PST 2010

DR:

Note that the title is a bit misleading: what happened is that Russia told China it was planning to back away from Agency debt, because the US Government hadn't yet implicitly backed Agencies by nationalizing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.

JG:

The headline more or less corresponds with the story beneath it. Are you trying to say that Paulson's memoirs are inaccurate, or that Bloomberg.com's interpretation of his memoirs are faulty? If so, I am curious what your alternative source of information is. Nothing in the article per se necessarily lends itself to your analysis, but I find what you have to say plausible.

_________________________________________________________________ Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390710/direct/01/