[lbo-talk] Sun´s former CEO Scott McNealy, capitalism fanboi

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 01:32:56 PST 2010

[It's funny how one can admire someone for his vision and technical skills, yet have no idea of his political / economic beliefs. I wonder what he meant by "regaining its love affair with Capitalism". Did America turn communist now?. D´oh!.

At least I´ve read at some point that Java language creator James Gosling -whom happens to be a Canadian- has some moderately progressive opinions, yet not comparable to Richard M. Stallman who´s surely called a "radical" by comparison -FC ]

---------

"So, to be honest, this is not a note this founder wants to write. Sun, in my mind, should have been the great and surviving consolidator*. But I love the market economy and capitalism more than I love my company.*

*And I sure "hope" America regains its love affair with capitalism. And except for the auto industry, financial industry, health care, and some other places (I digress), the invisible hand is doing its thing quite efficiently. *So I am more than willing to accept this outcome.

And my hat is off to one of the greatest capitalists I have ever met, Larry Ellison. He will do well with the assets that Sun brings to Oracle."

http://www.techeye.net/business/scott-mcnealy-waves-goodbye-to-sun