[lbo-talk] Sun´s former CEO Scott McNealy, capitalism fanboi

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Jan 30 18:51:51 PST 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 18:27:02 -0800 (PST) Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> wrote:

> <<In short: if anything saved us from a total Windows monopoly, it
> was Sun´s software strategy to counter Microsoft
>
> As a former engineer at Sun Micro, I agree.

Normally I'd consider this an impermissibly personal question, but since you volunteered the biographical detail, I'm curious: Did they lay you off, or did you quit? If the latter, why? It was supposed to be a pretty good place to work for, as corporations go. The Sun-ites I knew were all True Believers, to a man. Of course, so were -- and are -- the Microsofties.

--

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com