[lbo-talk] Slavoj Zizek wants to do filthy things to you

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 10:33:48 PDT 2010

[if you have the right qualifications, of course. Ah, the academy, that bastion of radicalness]

In grad school at UCLA, I received an unsolicited email from a famous visiting scholar (Slavoj Zizek if you care) detailing all the filthy sexual acts he wanted to perform on me. The professor (Kenneth Reinhard) in whose seminar he was lecturing admitted he had given him my email address, and immediately asked me how this was going to affect him personally. My supervisor, a famous feminist artist (Mary Kelly), pretended to be shocked but also told me I would miss this kind of male attention when it was gone. The following year she invited Zizek back as a keynote speaker for a conference on ethics.

http://bitchphd.blogspot.com/2005/08/misogyny-in-real-life.html