[lbo-talk] Laura somebody sucks

Max Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Thu Jul 1 13:30:52 PDT 2010

An alternative interpretation is that Obama knows very well the Afghan war can't end well, but he needed to support it in the campaign as a way to stick Bush ('wrong war') and present a side willing to deploy military force. He could possibly expect to draw this out long enough to get reelected, then bug out.

All this would put him in Henry Kissinger/Christmas-bombing territory.