[lbo-talk] lefty on futbol

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Jul 2 12:42:37 PDT 2010

Dennis Perrin writes:

> Noam is right. This is exactly sports' function in the US.

Well, it's certainly been used that way. But you know, TV was created to sell soap.

That doesn't mean you can't enjoy The Sopranos or Mad Men.

Heck, most art museums and dance companies wouldn't exist without tax laws that widen the gap between the haves and the have-nots ... but I do likes me some Monets on the big white walls.

> And yet, I'm a big sports fan. Willing dupe?

Only to the extent that your love-of-the-game *replaces* your thinking about other things that are more important. But I doubt you're in any danger of that, no matter how much you love sports ...

/jordan