[lbo-talk] lefty on futbol

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Jul 2 13:26:51 PDT 2010

Jordan--

> Only to the extent that your love-of-the-game *replaces* your thinking
> about other things that are more important. But I doubt you're in any
> danger of that, no matter how much you love sports ...

Well, I did cry when Butler barely lost to Duke in the NCAA Final. So there's that.

Recall that I wrote a book about sports culture which received a positive blurb from Robert Lipsyte in the Times. I appeared on dozens of sports radio shows to promote it, which really highlighted my type of fandom compared to the mainstream. I wish I had some of those tapes. Most hosts thought I was insane, and a commie, natch.

Dennis