[lbo-talk] why Prince is right

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Thu Jul 8 12:05:58 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 02:36:49PM -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:

> > A precious genius, slumming it by actually *performing*?
>
> How do you get that from this sentence? How can one tour without
> money?, is the point.

I guess I am missing the point...entirely. Unless the context is only U2/Prince/Ke$ha/Lady Gaga/Justin Bieber/Whatever gazillion dollar tours, and not every band who paid for tours and living expenses by selling tickets, t-shirts, and CDs in the back of the bar they were playing in.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim/google/MSN/yahoo: beyondzero123

There are only two kinds of artists: the plagiarists and the revolutionaries.

-Paul Gauguin