[lbo-talk] the prince reference and a note

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 17:10:58 PDT 2010

humblest apologies (sometimes i don't follow discussions plus I clean my inbox regularly after i have been hacked)

but can someone please send me the original post on this

this might be completely out of left field, but

a trend began in the late 80s/early 90s (in the usa) where it became more "efficient" for newspapers to have columnists; as one writer put it (i am sure this is not a misepresentation): opinion is cheaper than paying for reportage (my word), than walking the beat (my expression) and even fact-checking.

i think this was recorded by caryl rivers (sp) in slick spins and fractured facts which was published in about 1995

cheers

ismail