[lbo-talk] why Prince is right

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 11:30:45 PDT 2010

At 11:11 AM 7/9/2010, John Adams wrote:

>I wonder, if one downloaded some tracks from a PJ Harvey record,
>like Is This Desire or Uh Huh Her, whether the pauses built into the
>CD are present in the iTunrs tracks. They're very much part of the
>sequencing of the record.

Burning cds you can choose how long the gap is. I've heard people complain that you can't get rid of the gap between songs on an ipod but I don't know about that.

Your comment on "sequencing of the record" reminded me of something though. Even if the artist has ideas about gaps and sequencing and all, does it matter *that* much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beggars_Banquet