[lbo-talk] why Prince is right

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 10 16:53:00 PDT 2010

At 04:42 PM 7/10/2010, Gar Lipow wrote:

>(Though Prince is probably not in the same position in this
>regard as a small band trying to make a living playing bars, doing any
>gigs they can get, and selling a CDS and DVDS where they can.. Maybe
>he has positive ROI from suing Youtube. I guarantee your average
>non-star band does not. )

I can second that. I know people who have been making a living from music in Nashville and Austin for a long time and the money in their pockets comes far and away more from playing live than anything else. And some of these people used to play with Johnny Cash and Merle Haggard so their talent is not the issue.