[lbo-talk] "Is Dominique Strauss-Kahn on the Left?"

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 08:46:28 PDT 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2010, at 10:28 AM, SA wrote:
>

>> He's several steps to the left of the DLC.
>>

> Well yeah, but it's France! In France, Congressional Republicans would be practically LePen-ites, no?

Definitely, especially their rhetoric on Muslims.

In any event, DSK is an extreme case, and my point was that even in the extreme case of DSK, excommunication from the Left is abjured. In fact, I suspect the journalist asked the question in the hopes of provoking an outright negative answer, which might have come across as a breach of good taste.

SA