[lbo-talk] "Is Dominique Strauss-Kahn on the Left?"

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Jul 11 10:41:12 PDT 2010

At 10:28 AM 7/11/2010, SA wrote:
> He's several steps to the left of the DLC.
>
>SA

which makes him, what?, politics similar to Walter Mondale or Dukakis? Kennedy in his welfare liberal heyday?

When I was in kollidge, the first thing I learned in a world politics course was that if there was a political spectrum for the whole world, the u.s. would be way off to the right of the center line and a lot of european countries would be left of the center line. sorta like this:

point being: if in 1988 my poli sci textbook, in a class taught by a wack job libertarian, characterized things this way, why would have changed? indeed, given events (the DLC's emergence), it has only gotten worse.

shag