[lbo-talk] why Prince is right

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jul 11 18:56:13 PDT 2010

On Jul 11, 2010, at 9:43 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> Keenan's the shithead for daring to be possessive about his precious music.

He made several points when I interviewed him. One (and I'm paraphrasing this somewhat tendentiously), the record companies, scummy as they were, at least gave advances to bands that allowed them to tour and live. That's dying. And two, musicians these days have to be good with marketing plans and spreadsheets - he liked it better when they were good with music and didn't have to spend so much time selling themselves.

Doug