[lbo-talk] why Prince is right

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon Jul 12 06:14:33 PDT 2010

On Mon, 12 Jul 2010, Doug Henwood wrote:

>> Haven't thought about Chadbourne in ages...
>
> He's the cousin of my former neighbor on the Upper West Side. I saw him
> a few times. He played an electrified garden rake. It was excruciating,
> and not in a good way.

As I was saying to Alan offlist, I also have always so far found Chadbourne interesting but not satisfying (although I'm going to check out Alan's rec). But this is not only irrelevant to Chadbourne's argument, it strengthens it. He really is a monument to the idea that if you're dedicated to doing it your way -- whatever the hell way that is, no matter how minority or mainstream your taste -- you can make a living at it.

Michael