[lbo-talk] why Prince is right

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Jul 12 08:41:57 PDT 2010

shag, for the 12th time, makes this point:

> If those companies had *hired* people to play games
> in their testing, we'd call it a market transaction.
>
> But because it is "free" people don't.

There's nothing new about this. The Internet didn't create this false understanding. It has existed for longer than the Internet as you know it has been around. TV was "free" ... radio was "free" ... libraries were "free" and the people who you seem to be complaining about have always been there, stupid as ever about what's free and what's not.

So what?

/jordan