[lbo-talk] why Prince is right

Bhaskar Sunkara bhaskar.sunkara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 18:59:59 PDT 2010

I think the much heralded "death of the album" is mostly hype, there are still artists putting them together. I've made a similar point about Itunes sort of helping make this a singles-dominated era (some crappy filler in between) with less cohesive albums though, but wasn't even the 1960s a singles-era? Hasn't that historically been the norm? If anything the digital form should give artists more freedom from medium-imposed limits (the max length of a single lp / cd, etc).

Yes. At the risk of sounding all rockist, the most annoying thing