[lbo-talk] Michael Perelman, International Economist Manqué

Sayan Bhattacharyya bhattach at umich.edu
Tue Jul 13 00:40:10 PDT 2010

You served as Treasury secretary in the Nixon administration, secretary of state for President Reagan and, between those two posts, you were president for seven years of the Bechtel Group, the controversial engineering company based in San Francisco. Are you concerned about your legacy?

Schultz: I don’t think of it that way. No, I’m not struggling about my legacy. I think the film is a great, flattering film, and I hope my grandchildren like it. I want my grandchildren to be proud of me. That’s the main thing.

Full: <http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/magazine/04fob-q4-t.html>