[lbo-talk] For a free, tzar-ridden Russia

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 09:55:24 PDT 2010

LBOsters in DC, you might not want to miss this one :)

Joanna -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Vladislav Krasnov < president92 at gmail.com > Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:56:36 +0400 To: "Krasnow w. g." < president at raga.org >, Vladislav Krasnov < president92 at gmail.com > Subject: Tom Pauken at Heritage

Dear Friends of the Russia & America Good Will Associates (RAGA):

Our friend Tom Pauken will be doing his new book presentation

Bringing America Home

at The Heritage Foundation in Washington DC Thursday, Jul 15, 2010 12 Noon Van Andel Center 214 Massachusetts Avenue, NE Washington, DC 20002 (202) 546-4400

RSVP Online at http://www.heritage.org/Press/Events/ or call (202) 675-1752

News media inquiries, please call (202) 675-1761 or http://tompauken.com/2010/06/16/heritage-foundation-to-host-tom-pauken-july-15-2010-at-noon/

A Book Event

How did America go from having the strongest economy in the world to facing our most serious economic crisis since the Great Depression? How did the Bush Administration squander the political capital that Goldwater-Reagan conservatives took more than three decades to build? What became of an American culture that once was guided by the principles of Christianity? In Bringing America Home , Tom Pauken not only explains how we lost our way, but also shows how our founding principles can help us find our way back.

A native Texan, veteran of the Nixon and Reagan Administrations, and former State Chairman of the Texas Republican Party, Tom Pauken is the author of The Thirty Years War: The Politics of the Sixties Generation . He holds a bachelor's degree from Georgetown University and a law degree from Southern Methodist University. Currently, he serves as Chairman of the Texas Workforce Commission.

Tom has been my friend since the 1970 when I taught at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. He promised to "discuss the need for an alliance with the Russians." I cannot be there as I'm visiting Russia to promote better relations. So please come in and cheer Tom on.

Last time I congratulated you on US Independence Day and discussed the need for Russia to define its national identity by, among other things, rediscoving the "democratic" legacy of Grand Duke Mikhail Aleksandrovich whom some historians regard as the last Russian tsar Michael II.

June 12: Russia Day Or Remember Tsar Mikhail II Day? http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/view/162501

Sincerely, W. George Krasnow (aka Vladislav Krasnov, или Владислав Краснов) President, RAGA www.raga.org < http://www.raga.org/ > president at raga.org < mailto:president at raga.org > (official) president92 at gmail.com (personal) My Skype name is: Vladislav6295

>From RAGA site:
"We are an association of Americans who believe it is in the U.S. national interests to foster friendship with Russia on the basis of mutual Good Will and non-interference in each other's affairs. RAGA is a gathering of people who share common interests in Russia's history, culture, religion, economy, politics and the way of life. We feel that Russian people have made outstanding contributions to humankind and are capable of greater achievements. We envision Russia as a strong, independent, proud and free nation and as a partner in achieving peace in the world."