[lbo-talk] Karl Rove, Truthseeker

michael perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Jul 15 19:17:59 PDT 2010

Even in my youth, I was not particularly interested in comic strips. It is not surprising that I usually don't find humor on the editorial page of the Wall Street Journal. Today is an exception. Karl Rove has a column saying that his visit biggest mistake in Washington was not refusing the nefarious claims that George Bush was lying to get the country involved in a war.

After listening a number of libelous claims by various unpatriotic Democrats, he concludes with an irrefutable proof of the correctness of the administration's position:

"We know President Bush did not intentionally mislead the nation. Saddam Hussein was deposed and eventually hanged for his crimes. Iraq is a democracy and an ally instead of an enemy of America. Al Qaeda suffered tremendous blows in the "land between the two rivers"."

In other words, Bush could not possibly have lied because the US won an unwinnable war. If only I could teach my students such logical clarity.

530 898 5321 fax 530 898 5901 http://michaelperelman.wordpress.com