[lbo-talk] why are white southerners so violent?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 17 11:15:40 PDT 2010

Perhaps. But does coincidence even provisionally "explain" anything in and of itself. I can't remember which essay it wasm byt Stephen Jay Gould once pointed out that the price of gasoline and some astronomical phenomenon perfectly tracked each other. In fact I think the number of striking but utterly insignifican correspondences of this kind is near to countless.

Carrol