[lbo-talk] Marxology

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:43:47 PDT 2010

Ted Winslow

"Ricardo, rightly for his time, regards the capitalist mode of production as the most advantageous for production in general, as the most advantageous for the creation of wealth. "

^^^^^ CB: "[R]ightly for his time" and Marx's time seems a key qualifier since, after Ricardo's and Marx's death the capitalist mode of production had a qualitative shift in that it has produced nuclear weapons, seeks to produce Star Wars technology, biological weapons, in type, weapons of mass destruction of the human species and truly anti-use values , anti-species being stuff.

Even though I argued computer video games can be use-values, I'd argue that nuke weapons are anti-use-values.