[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - Chomsky andPalestine: Asset or Liability?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 21 18:35:08 PDT 2010

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Jul 21, 2010, at 8:35 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:
>
> > But I liked this article because it demonstrates
> > how flippantly Chomsky will dismiss the consensus of Palestinian civil
> > society.
>
> Why is Chomsky the issue, anyway?

Yes.

When Chomsky is wrong (or one thinks he is) it's quite easy simply to ignore him.

To focus on any (real or alletged) error of his now is simply stupid.

The man has done great services for left politics. What in the hell is gained by warring with him now!

No one has to accept his theory or anti-theory, but neither is anything gained by making that an issue in itself.

Midgets taking potshots at a giant. And I say that even though I myself have had sharp disagreements with him.

Carrol