[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - Chomsky and Palestine: Asset or Liability?

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Wed Jul 21 20:36:37 PDT 2010

On Wed, July 21, 2010 8:14 pm, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I don't get this. "We" "boycott" Israel, but our government will still
> support it unquestioningly? Wouldn't it make more sense for Americans to
> agitate against official support for Israel?

Agitate who? A Congress bought off with $3 billion of campaign donations? A mainstream mass media dripping with Murdochian xenophobia and unashamed drone-bomber imperialism?

I don't always agree with Carrol, but he's absolutely right about a couple of things: (1) the Dems are a pool of toxic waste left over from the Cold War, and (2) the Left has zero influence over the US Federal government right now. This isn't a counsel of despair, but simple pragmatism. We have to go local, and support whatever local and state campaigns, community groups, unions, etc. we can.

-- DRR