[lbo-talk] boycotting over Israel

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 00:02:39 PDT 2010

With regard to Tesco, your information is erroneous (unless a preponderance of its small investors happen to be Jewish):

http://www.tescoplc.com/plc/ir/financials/shareholders

As for Marks & Spencer, it's been enmeshed in Zionist causes since its founding, with a former chairman having described "aiding the economic development of Israel as one of its fundamental objectives." Whether one takes its new "ethical trading policy" seriously or not, I won't discourage anyone from choosing it as an opportune target for its history alone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marks_&_Spencer#Support_for_Israel

All the instances I have seen in the UK and Ireland are Marks and Spencers