[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - Chomsky and Palestine: Asset or Liability?

Eric Beck ersatzdog at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 08:26:21 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> I would hope so, but I'm not sure how marching on Ricky's, a small NYC chain with some hipster cred, because it sells Israeli cosmetics (an actual recent local event) contributes to the effort.

Yeah, strategically, I don't get these sorts of actions. In Austin, there's some rinky-dink business, that makes like scarves or something, that people keep on picketing. Seems pretty ineffectual to me. It'd be much more effective, imho, to organize against larger companies like Intel and Caterpillar, while continuing the divestment and celebrity-boycott campaigns