[lbo-talk] on the transformation problem

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 09:24:36 PDT 2010

C W Sedley

Angelus Novus <wrote:

> And I'd second Carrol's recommendation of I.I. Rubin. Unfortunately, Freddy Perlman's excellent introduction to Perlman's book is not available online

Is this it?

http://libcom.org/library/commodity-fetishism-fredy-perlman

Cheers

CWS

^^^^ CB: Perlman says:

The present essay will outline some of the central themes of Marx's political economy, particularly the themes which are treated in Rubin's Essays on Marx's Theory of Value. Rubin's book is a comprehensive, tightly argued exposition of the core of Marx's work, the theory of commodity fetishism and the theory of value. Rubin clarifies misconceptions which have resulted, and still result, from superficial readings and evasive treatments of Marx's work.

^^^^^ CB: Would seem simpler ,ohhh sorry, more efficient if we just read (deeply, not superficially) the first three chapters of _Capital_ Vol. I. if we wanted to get at the core of Marx's work , theory of commodity fetishism and theory of value.