[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - Chomsky andPalestine: Asset or Liability?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 22 09:29:04 PDT 2010

SA wrote:

> On the other hand, I think as a practical
> matter, BDS activities can be very useful, by giving activists something
> to do

I'm glad to latch on to a sentence from SA that I can vigorjously agree with.

And I would generalize it a bit. At the _present time_ (which stretches backwards 20 years or so) a prime consideration in any context is "giving activists something to do." Work out whether it is 'really' worthwhile in the context of doing it and talking about it. And I mean activists on any issue, domestic or global.

Carrol