[lbo-talk] Palestine Think Tank: Jeff Blankfort - ChomskyandPalestine: Asset or Liability?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jul 22 19:09:27 PDT 2010

Miles Jackson wrote:

> Joseph Catron wrote:
> > As Carrol is on a birthday boycott of my posts, I'll simply observe, for the
> > benefit of everyone else, that he's engaging in the exact ahistorical
> > silliness on which I speculated in my 3:45 am reply.
> >

> I love you all dearly, but I'll note that if I make it to 80, responding
> to LBO posts (no matter how insightful!) won't be at the top of the "fun
> things to do on my eightieth birthday" list.
>
> Miles

When you are 80, there will be fewer and fewer of the people around who have constsituted your life, and there will be almost no one youknow left in your department.

And your offspring may well plan your birthday bash for Saturday!

And since I retired, this list has made up a goodly proportion of my intellectual life since retirement 13 years ago. How better spend at least some intervals. With a mind it's use it or lose it after all.

Thanks to all those who posted me, on list or off.

Carrol