[lbo-talk] DC fires teachers

James Leveque jamespl79 at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 24 05:43:11 PDT 2010

Where is all this policy going, anyway? So Rhee fires over 300 teachers and admin support and they replace them with, who...? I know that Obama talks as if highly skilled teachers grow on trees, but Rhee, DC's mayor, Dept. of Ed. etc. must know that the teachers hired to replace those who got the ax are going to be mostly young and inexperienced and probably aren't likely to get any better scores. So what happens when 200+ of those new teachers don't have high enough scores? Do they get fired too? Do we just have year after year of mass firings, or is there some kind of endgame?

James