[lbo-talk] artisinal everything

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Sat Jul 24 18:23:22 PDT 2010

On Jul 24, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 5:07 PM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> But it has to be a joke... right?
>>

> I imagine that depends on whether anyone sends him money.

I imagine that a pencil, the labor to sharpen it, package it with it's shavings and a certificate of authenticity, would be a bargain at the fifteen dollar price.

The print option is interesting, but there's not much information, other than that they are signed limited editions of fifty. At twenty five dollars for an edition of fifty, is only twelve fifty for a sold out edition, and there's shipping and studio rent. I imagine one could come up with a labor theory of value (of sorts) given that info.

For my part, I don't like number two pencils. I find them too hard for my taste, but that's not the reason I dislike them. They are ubiquitous, and they make it difficult to find a number one pencil. I like a dark smudge-able line.

martin