[lbo-talk] Jews and the CP (Was: Jobless Workers Look to Shift Elections)

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Jul 30 16:58:13 PDT 2010

I have very mixed feelings about Mike Gold and am inclined to agree with Hemingway.

This, despite the fact the Gold was a compatriot (Romanian).

>From everything I read, he led the cultural revolution in a very bad direction.
But I need to read a lot more to be sure.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "c b" <cb31450 at gmail.com> To: "lbo-talk" <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 12:49:25 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Jews and the CP (Was: Jobless Workers Look to Shift Elections)

Mike Gold http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Gold

Mike Gold (April 12, 1893, New York City – May 14, 1967, Terra Inda, California), was the pseudonym for Itzok Isaac Granich. He was a lifelong communist and a combative left-wing American literary critic. One of three sons born to a family of Jewish immigrants named Granich on the Lower East Side of New York City, he reportedly took his pseudonym from a Jewish Civil War veteran he admired for having fought to "free the slaves."[1] During the 1930s and 1940s, writing as Michael Gold, he was considered the "Dean of U.S. Proletarian Literature."