[lbo-talk] MAP: New boats headed to Gaza to challenge blockade

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:28:39 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Pro-Palestinian activists promised Tuesday to send two
> more boats to challenge Israel's blockade of the Gaza
> Strip as international outrage mounted over a botched
> Israeli raid that left nine people dead."

Did you see this? According to this article (and it's on the Internet so we know it is true), Turkey's sending more aid ships, this time accompanied by warships of the Turkish Navy.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/turkey-threatens-action-israel-on-alert/116743-2.html

I don't know why MAP-UK would say "And still, based on the commandos' testimonies yesterday, it's clear they were not prepared for what awaited them on the deck." What, are we supposed to believe that Israeli commandos are incompetent? Brutal, yes; incompetent, I don't think so. Come on, does anybody seriously believe it isn't the case that the plan was to drop gunmen onto the deck and have them start randomly blowing away the ship's crew with automatic weapons? Nor do I know why they calls this a "botched" raid. It achieved its obvious goal of terrorizing any people who'd dare to offer humanitarian aid to Gaza. "Send food into our Bantustan? No, we can't allow that, we'll murder you first."

yrs wdk