[lbo-talk] U.S. in Israel's corner

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 1 16:50:08 PDT 2010

Michael Smith wrote:

> It's interesting that Israel felt it was necessary to pull this
> disastrous stunt. Does that tell us anything? If they really thought
> the situation was under control -- then what's the downside of
> letting some humanitarians in to deliver baby formula, or whatever?

When Israel invaded Lebanon I wrote a letter to the local paper that was remarably similar to this paragraph. It went further, calling the invasion a sign of weakness ratheer than strength, and ending with a ringing declaration that Palestine will be free. Something like that.

It was a bad prophecy then. Is it now? Does this stunt exhibit arrogant self-confidence or a sign of internal wobbling.

Carrol